Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Expiry Date :
Sat, 06 Feb 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
Revegys QA Engineer will be expected to demonstrate strong analytical, organizational, problem-solving, and written communication skills to satisfy the main duties of this role. You should be detail-oriented, self-motivated and can work closely with teams of designers, engineers, and other related personnel while also being able to work independently as needed. You should display good judgment and be an able decision-maker capable of exercising strong time management skills. In addition to these capabilities, you should possess the following skills and abilities:
Run Tests on New Software and Applications
QA testers run various tests on new software products to ensure that programs satisfy all specifications and requirements. They identify any problems and run debugging programs to fix issues. Once issues have been resolved, QA testers run additional tests before products are issued for genral release.
Record Defects and Issue Reports
QA testers record all defect details, creating and distributing reports outlining the types of defects found and the steps taken to resolve these issues. Maintaining documentation, such as change logs, regarding software and application defects helps QA testers recognize similar problems in the future and to provide quick resolution.
Assist Software Developers with Design Processes
QA testers apply their knowledge early in the software development process. They work closely with developers to recognize the potential for any operational issues, assess risks, and resolve issues before the new software is complete. They may also be tasked with preparing code tests.
* 2+ years of experience in IT Quality Assurance software testing
* 2+ years of experience with integration testing, and regression testing
* 2+ years of experience in GUI and back end testing and UAT testing
* Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
* Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
* A self-starter, quick learner, and the ability to work in a team and individually
* Organisational skills with the capability of working towards tight deadlines
* Knowledge of Microsoft suite applications with proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel, etc.
* Experience with , and familiarity with CRM software.
* Experience with issue tracking software such as Jira and standard modeling and wireframing tools.
* Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
* Experience with automated testing tools is a plus
* B.S. in computer science or related degree
Responsibilities Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements Monitor debugging process results Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies