Expiry Date :
Wed, 07 Apr 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
Are you organized, accountable, and have always gone the extra mile to make sure things are done right? Imagine the impact those skills can have in ensuring the accuracy of millions of healthcare tests, every month. If you share our passion for strengthening physician care, please apply for the Specimen Accessioner position!
LabCorp is seeking a dedicated and motivated individual to join their Specimen Accessioning team in Pheonix, AZ. The Specimen Accessioner will be responsible for performing specimen accessioning, sample sorting and data entry in a fast-paced, high-throughput environment according to established standard operating procedures.
The schedule for this position will be: Tuesday – Friday 8pm to 4:30am, Saturday 6pm – 2:30am w/rotating Sundays & Mondays as business needs require.
* Introduce and prepare biological specimens to the laboratory to ensure accurate processing
* Open specimens and pour off into secondary containers to prepare for analysis and testing
* Verify patient demographic information matches the test requisition form submitted
* Data entry of patient information into the computer system for tracking purposes
* Meet key production metrics and quality measures to ensure timely and accurate results
* Unpack and route specimens to their respective staging areas
* Pack and ship specimens to proper testing facilities when required
* Properly prepare and store excess specimen samples
* Resolve and document any problem specimens
* Handle and dispose of medical and chemical waste
* Comply with applicable environmental health and safety policies and procedures
* Operate automated instrumentation under supervision if necessary