Sr. Data Scientist
Expiry Date :
Sun, 20 Jun 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
Are you passionate about creating an exceptional client experience?
Discover your opportunity with Union Bank, a division of the Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world. At Union Bank, we have our clients best interest in mind and draw on more than 160 years of experience to understand their distinct needs to tailor our solutions. Were part of 180,000 colleagues around the globe striving to be the worlds most trusted financial group, knowing that trust starts with a culture of putting people first and empowering you to achieve your potential. Join Union Bank, where being inspired is expected and creating results is rewarded.
The Data Scientist will be conducting statistical, diagnostic, and predictive analytics in partnership with our marketing, digital and product teams to turn data into critical information and knowledge that can be used to make business decisions. This individual must function in a fast-paced environment, be adaptable to the changing processes and technology related to the business intelligence and analytical space.
* Mine through large data sets to uncover trends, insights, and opportunities.
* Conduct exploratory data mining and analysis to understand customer behavior, experience, engagement and uncover opportunities.
* Partner with data scientists on projects related to text analytics, predictive modeling, data investigation, data development and opportunity identification.
* Identifies, analyzes, and interprets trends or patterns in complex data to provide answers to business questions as well as provide recommendations for action.
* Develop predictive scoring and segmentation models including linear/logistic regressions, decision trees, neural network, clustering, etc.
* Ability to leverage machine learning and natural language processing techniques to mine through unstructured data to uncover insights, topic detection, keyword extraction, and sentiment analysis.
* Presents data and analysis in a clear and concise manner allowing the audience to quickly understand the results and recommendations and make data driven decisions.
* Ability to synthesize complex data analysis and insights into easy to understand, visually appealing presentations.
* Collaborates with various internal teams to prioritize requests/needs and provide a holistic view of the analysis.
* Bachelors Degree in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Data Science, or another quantitative field preferred. Masters degree preferred.
* 5-7+ years of relevant experience in data science or analytics role
* 3+ years experience with Tableau preferable
* 3+ years experience with data querying skills using SQL. Able to aggregate, gather and manipulate data.
* 3+ Years experience with Python
* Excellent Microsoft Power point presentation development skills
* Sharp analytical, technical, and mathematical / statistical skills
* Experience or strong knowledge of financial services and/or banking preferred
* Demonstrated ability to communicate ideas and analytical results effectively both verbally and in writing to both a technical and non-technical audience.
* Must be able to multi-task and operate in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
_The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. _
_We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category. _
_A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, its the banks policy to only inquire into a candidates criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses._