Sr Data Scientist
New York, New York
Expiry Date :
Tue, 20 Jul 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
At Clarity AI, we are committed to bringing social impact to markets. We are a tech company started in 2017, leveraging AI and machine learning technologies to ensure environmental, social and governance dimensions are the focal point of decision making within financial markets.
We are now a team of more than 100 highly passionate individuals coming from all over the world. Together, we have established Clarity AI as a leading startup backed by investors and strategic partners such as Blackrock and Deutsche Brse who believe in us and share our goals. We have plans to continue growing our teams in Spain, the UK and the US this year so if you would like to join us on this rocket ship, keep reading!
Clarity is looking for a Lead Data Scientist to join the Data Science team. If youre a Data Scientist with ample experience leading teams, you enjoy answering questions with data, and you want to see your work making an impact into our product, you start to look like our ideal candidate.
You will be part of an already large and highly skilled Data Science team in charge of growing our Sustainability and impact database leveraging state-of-the art ML techniques as well as developing and maintaining our data quality and methodology pipelines in collaboration with Claritys Data Engineering team.
This position is based in New York
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
We like data scientists that work with data in a scientific way and that share our passion for bringing social impact to the markets and making a difference.
At Clarity you will help develop the gold standard for social impact that will be used by investors, consumers and governments:
* Translating unstructured, complex data into quantitative, insights-first frameworks of social impact, making intelligent approximations when needed to put your algorithms to work at scale.
* Working side-by-side with a top-talent team from business and academia.
As the ideal candidate for the position:
* You hold an advanced degree MS/PhD in a quantitative field (CS, Engineering, Math, Physics, ).
* You excel at problem solving:
* Clarifying the nature of a problem and formulating relevant questions.
* Breaking down a problem into smaller, more manageable parts, creating business value every step of the way.
* Deciding among possible solutions in a critical way.
* Implementing actions and evaluating outcomes in a quantitative way.
* You have strong communication skills. The right candidate can thrive in an environment of asynchronous conversation, since a part of the Clarity team will be based in the US. We expect you to have strong communication skills and be able to create working relationships with coworkers across various locations.
* You possess and know how to share technical expertise:
* Analyzing and getting insights from complex, unstructured and incomplete datasets.
* Using data visualizations to generate insights and communicate results.
* Using data science and Big Data tools:
* Python and its data science ecosystem (scikit-learn, pandas, numpy).
* SQL and noSQL databases
* Dask, Hadoop, Spark,…
* and techniques:
* Data processing and cleaning.
* Regression, classification, clustering and other standard algorithms.
* You have a start-up way of working:
* Self-motivation and drive to succeed.
* Getting-the-job-done mentality.
* Learn by doing, all the time.
* Authorized to work in the US
Responsibilities of the role include
* Youll immerse yourself and deep dive into our ever-growing set of external and internal data flows, and produce insightful analyses that enable data-driven discovery and innovation throughout and the emergent field of impact investment as a whole.
* Youll research, design, validate, and deploy machine learned models that use structured and unstructured data and leverage advanced techniques for classification, regression, topic modeling, and NLP to produce new metrics that will be included in the Clarity platform.
* After experimenting and building with different data sources, modeling tools, and advanced techniques, you will share your findings with the team. Besides, you may eventually present your work at international conferences and top tier journals.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Our people are our main asset. We have built a unique team and we all share 3 differential aspects: Excellence, Passion and Values:
* Our team comprises professionals from leading consulting and banking firms, MBA graduates from top business schools, entrepreneurs and PhDs.
* Claritys Founder and CEO, Rebeca Minguela, is a successful entrepreneur who has been recognized as one of the most distinguished leaders under the age of 40 by prestigious institutions like the World Economic Forum.
We are different. We work hard to become the best place to work and pride ourselves on our culture:
* Fact based: Promoting objective, fact-based and solution-oriented discussions.
* Diverse: Encouraging diversity of personalities, cultures and experiences.
* Transparent: Communicating feedback transparently, constructively and in real-time.
* Meritocratic: Striving for excellence and rewarding the best.
* Flexible: Working flexibly in the broadest sense (schedule, location, vacation, styles).
We care about our employees and think they deserve the best.
* Stock/ Phantom: We want our employees to feel part of Clarity. Thats why we give them the opportunity to participate in our success with phantom stock options.
* Remote benefits: We offer remote working flexibility and provide everyone with a budget in set up the best workspace that meets their needs.
* Training budget: Continued learning is important to us so we provide everyone with a yearly training budget.
* Additional benefits are available depending on your location.
We are a US company with a Spanish subsidiary. We have amazing offices in Madrid, London and New York City.
Clarity has received several awards:
* Young Global Leader to Rebeca Minguela 2017
* Top 10 Fintech startup worldwide by BBVA Open Talent
* Top 2 start-ups with impact worldwide by IMPACT Growth 2017
* One of the most innovative Spanish companies by NeoTec
* One of the most innovative projects in the US. Harvard Innovation Lab
Responsibility: Clarity AI Inc. 160 Greentree Drive, Suite 101, City of Dover, County of Kent, Delaware 19904, United States.
Purpose: management of selection processes for new employees.
Legitimation: necessary processing for contract execution.
Recipients: company of the Clarity Group in the country that would carry out the contract or where position is being offered.