Sr. Research Analyst, Custom Research Advisory Board Research – Washington, DC
United healthcare Group
Washington, District of Columbia
Expiry Date :
Mon, 16 Nov 2020 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that’s improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn’t about another gadget, it’s about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There’s no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
Our Custom Research team conducts tailored research projects that are scoped to solve health care organizations’ greatest challenges and strategic questions. We serve health care industry organizations spanning the provider, payer and life sciences space. Senior Analysts on Advisory Board’s Custom Research team typically contribute to two research studies at a time; these projects can vary in length between one to six months. Using Advisory Board’s rigorous research methodology, including surveys, in-depth interviews, and data analysis, our custom research studies provide clients with actionable, data-driven insights to inform decision-making about business strategy and operations.
Senior Analysts serve as a significant contributor to research studies, including executing against the work plan with direction and guidance from the study’s lead, but with a substantial degree of independence. Senior Analysts are actively involved throughout the entire research cycle – from conception, to research interviews, to analysis and creation of presentation materials. Working in teams provides Senior Analysts the opportunity to learn from peers and to take on more challenging responsibilities as they develop in their role. Senior Analysts are assigned to specific projects based on experience, areas of expertise, need, timing, and preference.
Senior Analysts typically work on at least two research studies at a time, with job responsibilities varying according to the length and type of study. As Senior Analysts become more experienced, they assume broader responsibilities, including management of client interactions and serving as ‘in-house experts’ on various topics. The position offers significant growth and rapid promotion potential, as well as opportunities to take on other roles within our growing firm.
This opportunity is ideally based in Washington, D.C., but remote telework arrangements will be considered.
* Conduct in-depth interviews with senior health care executives
* Design customized surveys
* Document and analyze findings from primary and secondary research
* Reduce industry challenges to root cause problems
* Identify and critique best practice strategies and solutions
* Develop innovative frameworks for presentation of findings
* Contribute to creation of presentation materials
* Potentially analyze and build market calculators and financial models
* Contribute to research-related publications and deliverables
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
* Bachelor’s Degree
* 2+ years of professional experience
* Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization (F-1 students with practical training and candidates requiring H-1Bs, TNs, etc. will not be considered)
* 4+ or more months of experience conducting long-term research OR conducting primary and secondary research
* 4+ months of experience developing research content
* If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
* MBA, MPH, or other advanced degree
* Experience conducting root-cause analysis
* Experience working on the clinical or business sides of health care
* Experience presenting research findings and insights in a professional setting
Careers with Optum. Here’s the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: research analyst, custom research, Washington, D.C.
* Requisition Number
* Job Title Sr. Research Analyst, Custom Research – Advisory Board Research – Washington, DC
* Job Family Business Operations
* Business Segment OptumInsight
Job Location Information
* Washington, DC
Additional Job Detail Information
* Employee Status Regular
* Schedule Full-time
* Job Level Individual Contributor
* Shift Day Job
* Travel No
* Telecommuter Position No
* Overtime Status Exempt