Sr. Research Analyst, Payer Advisory Board Research – Washington, DC
Advisory Board Co
Washington, District of Columbia
Expiry Date :
Mon, 16 Nov 2020 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
Senior Research Analysts serve significant contributors to our research process. They are actively involved throughout the entire research cyclefrom conception, to research interviews, to analysis and creation of presentation materials.
Senior Analysts are assigned to specific projects based on experience, areas of expertise, need, timing, and preference. Senior Analysts may work on traditional research projects that are 1-6 months in duration and typically culminate in live presentations to member audiences as well as written studies, or may conduct tailored research projects that are scoped to solve health care organizations’ greatest challenges and provide clients with actionable, data-driven insights to inform decision-making about business strategy and operations. Audiences span the provider, payer and life sciences space.
This role is focused on serving Advisory Board health plan clients and leading research related to health plan priorities.
This opportunity is ideally based in Washington, D.C., but remote telework arrangements will be considered. Primary Responsibilities:
Senior Analysts typically work on at least two research studies at a time, with job responsibilities varying according to the length and type of study. During the course of a study, a Senior Analyst will typically be expected to accomplish the following objectives:
– Conduct in-depth interviews with senior health care executives
– Design customized surveys
– Document and analyze findings from primary and secondary research
– Reduce industry challenges to root cause problems
– Identify and critique best practice strategies and solutions
– Develop innovative frameworks for presentation of findings
– Contribute to creation of presentation materials
– Potentially analyze and build market calculators and financial models
– Contribute to research-related publications and deliverables
As Senior Analysts become more experienced, they assume broader responsibilities, including management of client interactions and serving as in-house experts on various topics. The position offers significant growth and rapid promotion potential, as well as opportunities to take on other roles within our growing firm.
Examples of recent research initiatives include:
– The role health plans should play in addressing social determinants
– Building a best-in-class member portal
– 2020 State of the Industry: How health plans can shape the future of health care amid industry transformation
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.Required Qualifications:
– Bachelor’s Degree
– 2+ years of professional experience
– Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization (F-1 students with practical training and candidates requiring H-1Bs, TNs, etc. will not be considered)
– Minimum of 4-6 months of experience conducting long-term research OR conducting primary and secondary research
– Minimum of 4-6 months of experience developing research content
– If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders Preferred Qualifications:
– MBA, MPH, or other advanced degree
– Experience working with health plans
– Experience conducting root-cause analysis
– Experience working on the clinical or business sides of health care
– Experience presenting research findings and insights in a professional setting
UnitedHealth Group, a Fortune 5 organization, is a diversified health and well-being company dedicated to helping people live healthier lives and making the health system work better for everyone.
Our businesses touch nearly every aspect of health care, uniquely positioning us to address the most critical health care needs of people around the world. We deploy our core capabilities in clinical care improvement, population health management, health insurance and analytics and health technology in a variety of settings throughout the US and globally. Join us, and you’ll soon discover a career here is a launching pad for your life’s best work.(sm)
Optum, a UnitedHealth Group company, is a leading health services and innovation company dedicated to helping make the health system work better for everyone. With more than 115,000 people worldwide, Optum combines technology, data and expertise to improve the delivery, quality and efficiency of health care. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, uniquely collaborates with all participants in health care, connecting them with a shared focus on creating a healthier world. Join us, and you’ll soon discover a career here is a launching pad for your life’s best work.(sm)
Advisory Board is part of Optum and the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses. Through our membership model, we collaborate with executives and their teams to find and implement the best solutions to their toughest challenges. We offer research through proven, actionable insights inspired by health care’s most progressive organizations. Join us, and you’ll soon discover a career here is a launching pad for your life’s best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Analyst, Advisory Board, Washington, DC