Sr Scientist – Nucleic Acid Synthesis
Affinity Executive Search
Expiry Date :
Tue, 29 Jun 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
We are searching for a Sr Scientist – Nucleic Acid Synthesis with deep understanding of nucleoside, nucleotide and oligonucleotide synthesis. Our client is a highly regarded leader in DNA synthesis technology and diagnostic assays and development. Qualified candidates may also have knowledge and experience in microfluidics and electrochemical detection. The Principal Scientist will work collaboratively with scientists and engineers developing technologies for DNA synthesis and developing various diagnostic assays and applications.
Requirements for the Principal Scientist:
* PhD. in Chemistry, Materials, Surface Science, Biochemistry, Chemical Biology, Biomedical Engineering, or related biomedical field
* 4+ years experience in pharmaceutical or biotech industries
* Experience in nucleoside, nucleotide and oligonucleotide synthesis, surface functionalization and molecular biology
* Strong background in molecular biology techniques including, PCR, qPCR, array-based hybridization assays and NGS
* Hands-on experience with a wide range of electroanalytical techniques involving conductomertric, potentiometric and amperometric detection system based on redox active tags.
* Experience with sample preparation (DNA/RNA purification, amplification and hybridization) using point of care DNA/RNA extraction method to develop rapid and user friendly molecular diagnostic assays.
* Experience with electrochemistry and experience with electrochemical detection is preferred
* Knowledgeable in phosphoramidite chemistry, nucleic acid modification chemistries, sequence selection and mechanism of action is preferred
Responsibilities of the Principal Scientist:
* Develop new electrochemical detection assays over oligonucleotide microarray.
* Design and implement quality control and quality assurance methods in the developed assays.
* Resolve technical problems through experiment design and execution
* Technology transfer to the production team and support as needed for process improvement or troubleshooting
* Lead a cross-functional team developing new experiments in the development process.
* In collaboration with other departments, develop strategies for ongoing and long-term projects and programs.
* Perform statistical data analysis and present the results
* Mentor and train team members
Occupational Category:19-1029 Biological Scientists, All Other