Sr. Scientist/Principal Scientist – Screening and High Content Imaging
Monte Rosa Therapeutics
Expiry Date :
Mon, 05 Apr 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
Monte Rosa Therapeutics is seeking a passionate Senior Scientist/Principal Scientist with the experience to plan, optimize, execute, and analyze experiments including large cell-based screens who will deliver reproducible and impactful results for multiple projects under ambitious timelines.
This position is a key role in the pivotal team responsible for Automation and Screening Technologies & hits-to-leads support for Monte Rosas diverse pipeline. The candidate should have experience developing high throughput screens using multiple cancer cell lines and primary cells, generating QC data, performing data analysis on large datasets, and have a working understanding of laboratory robotics and automation. The ideal candidate will be able to help evolve Monte Rosas hit identification and hits-to-leads endeavors through embracing novel assay technologies, enhancing overall process and actively drive internal and external partnerships.
* Develop, design and troubleshoot high throughput screens and follow up experiments using plate-based luminescence cellular assays and high content assays (both targeted and phenotypic).
* Schedule and utilize automated platform (HighResBio) and lab robots for performing high throughput experiments.
* Actively collaborate with cross-functional teams in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Biology, Proteomics and Data Science.
* Maintain thorough and timely data analysis (Scinamic), electronic lab notebooks (Benchling), and other necessary records in companys database.
* Create and write reports and SOPs to support development and regulatory filings.
* Establish, monitor and maintain a stable and productive environment through Quality Control, preventative maintenance and standard operating procedures.
* Assess novel technologies for the implementation of new experimental techniques enabling drug discovery.
* Mentor, develop and supervise direct reports.
* with 3+ years biotech industry or postdoc in screening group experience preferred.
* Highly self-motivated attitude with ability to own and drive projects.
* Scientific curiosity and strong desire to iteratively improve existing technologies and methods.
* Familiarity with high throughput instrumentation for drug discovery (ECHO, scheduling software for robotic platforms) is a must.
* Strong expertise in high content screening is required.
* Hands-on experience in high throughput cellular assays and associated assay technologies (reporter assays, luminescence assays, NanoBRET, HTRF).
* Working experience with high throughput data management, data flow, analysis and visualization (e.g. Dotmatics, Genedata, Spotfire, CDD Vault).
* Extensive understanding of mammalian cell culture (2D and 3D) and cell line generation.
* Strong collaborator within cross-functional teams and with external partners.