Sr. Vehicle Software Validation Engineer
Los Angeles, California
Expiry Date :
Thu, 22 Jul 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
Xos is an innovative electric vehicle company on a mission to decarbonize transportation. Our zero-emission commercial vehicles and next-generation technologies empower fleets of Fortune 500 companies and positively impact our environment. The market is growing. The need is rising. The time is now.
At Xos, we design vehicles from scratch, invent efficient and durable battery systems, write software to control the vehicle and its interactions with the driver, and entice fleet owners into an electrified future with groundbreaking service.
We are a team of passionate doers that have banded together to do our part in the battle for a cleaner planet. Were go-getters, change-makers, and future-creators. Will you join us?
* Plan, write and execute tests cases to validate the latest software releases
* Write issues found during testing in clear, repeatable steps
* Contribute to the improvement through usage and feedback of the diagnostic service tool
* Work with the HIL team to expand the scope of automation where possible
* Coordinate test development and execution on the software, hardware, and system levels
* Maintain traceability between requirements, test cases, and results
* Troubleshoot and debug issues found testing. Perform test data analysis and trace failures to correct subsystems and work with cross-functional development teams to identify the root cause and solve them.
* B.S in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent (M.S. is preferred)
* 3+ years of relevant work experience, 5+ years of for a Senior
* Experience with test management tools such as Jama, NI TestStand, ETAS Labcar, Simulink Test, or ECU-Test
* Experience in vehicular communication networks such as CAN, CAN FD, and LIN
* Understanding of CAN bus messaging protocols such as J1939, UDS, and XCP
* Experience with MATLAB, Simulink, and Stateflow
* Proficient in embedded C code programming a plus
* Familiar with measurement, calibration, and diagnostic tools such as ETAS INCA and Vector CANalyzer
* Experience with validation hardware, Hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) systems, and test bench setups
* Familiar with version control tools such as Git or SVN
* Experience with requirements management tools such as Jama
* Xos, Inc. is committed to offering competitive wages
* The Company offers medical coverage, paid 100% by the employer for employees with dependent coverage partially off-set by the employer
* Dental, Vision, and Life plans are also offered through the Company’s health package
* Generous PTO, sick, vacation, and holiday pay
Xos, Inc is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.