Staff Algorithm/Data Scientist
West Sacramento, California
Expiry Date :
Thu, 25 Jun 2020 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
Meet Your Next Favorite Team!
The Staff Data Scientist for Beckman Coulter is responsible for development and implementation of advanced algorithms and informatic tools to support next generation in-vitro diagnostic instrumentation and software for infectious disease detection and providing leadership to drive improvements and realization of product roadmaps.
This position is part of the Microbiology Operating Company nested within Beckman Coulter and is located in West Sacramento, California. At Beckman Microbiology, our vision is to ensure that every patient has access to the right antibiotic at the right time as one of the leading pathogen identification and antibiotic susceptibility testing providers.
You will be a part of the Assay and New Platform Development team and report to the Senior Manager responsible for Beckman Coulter Microbiology Research and Development. If you thrive working in a global cross-functional development team and want to work to build a world-class R & D organizationread on.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
– Work with the Assay, Hardware, and Software development teams and other business functions to develop and execute technical solutions for the next generation of Microbiology instrumentation and software
– Participate in all phases of New Product Development and provide strategic leadership in selection of platform, tools, techniques and processes in the practice of a Data Science discipline
– Formulate and propose novel modeling and algorithmic solutions using imaging, machine vision, and other detection modalities for the measurement of morphological and growth properties of bacteria and yeast
– Proactively identify new trends and technologies in statistical and machine learning techniques to adopt while aiding in the review and evaluation of existing software and instrument platforms
– Provide mentorship to drive improvements and build skillsets as a founding member of a data science team
– Grow professionally and progress your career towards team leadership roles on future research and development projects
The essential requirements of the job include:
– Strong leadership, communication, and collaboration skills with an ability to summarize results from analysis to a diverse set of audiences with varying background and technical skills
– Experience with computer vision, image analysis, and machine learning to extract meaningful feature data from captured microscope images (e.g., feature extraction, object detection, segmentation, regression, survival analysis)
– Advanced degree, PhD preferred, in Engineering, Science, Mathematics, or related
– 7+ years and expert knowledge of statistical programming languages such as R, Python, SAS, and SQL
– 7+ years and expert knowledge of probability, statistics and machine learning theory including experience in: Clustering, Decision Trees, Logistic Regression, Dimensionality Reduction, Random Forests, and Neural Networks for prediction and recommendations
– Must have delivered data science components as part of an academic, industrial, or commercial solution
– 5-7+ years experience in at least one of the following specific areas of machine learning:
– Building image/video analysis models using Deep Learning techniques such as CNN and RNN, computer vision frameworks such as OpenCV and/or similar toolkits
– Practical hands-on experience with deep learning and machine learning: architecture design, parameter tuning, model evaluation, leveraging tools such as TensorFlow or similarIt would be a plus if you also possess previous experience in:
– Experience in an Agile development environment
– Medical device product development under FDA and global regulations
– Executing data science in the fields of life sciences, in vitro diagnostics, and biostatistics
– Expert knowledge of data visualization, using tools such as Tableau or PowerBI
This position is located in Sacramento, CA. The greater area is filled with opportunities whether you like metropolitan, suburban or rural lifestyles the area has all options available. The area has a reasonable cost of living, abundant sunshine and ethnic diversity. The greater area has professional sports, museums and entertainment options with a unique blend of history of the West, not to mention easy access to every outdoor activity possible from sun and sand to snow. Sitting in the heart of the Central Valley, the metro area is at the forefront of the farm-to-fork movement. Residents have access to an abundance of fresh, locally sourced foods from nearby farms, wineries and breweries.
At Beckman Coulter, we are committed to advancing health care for every person by applying the power of science, technology and the passion and creativity of our teams to enhance the diagnostic laboratorys role in improving healthcare outcomes. Our diagnostic systems are used in complex biomedical testing, and are found in hospitals and other critical-care settings, reference laboratories and physician offices worldwide. We do important work on a global scale, and are invested in growing our associates careers.
Beckman Coulter is a Danaher Operating Company. As a $20B company with 60,000 associates, ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and, during the past 25 years, DHR stock has outperformed the S & P 500 Index by more than 2,000 percent. The strength of our results is a testament to our teams and the power of the Danaher Business System. Our Purpose: Helping Realize Lifes Potential is what makes us excited to come to work each day.
At Danaher, we are dedicated to building and sustaining a truly diverse and inclusive culture. These are not just words on a pageDiversity and Inclusion is a top priority for the company, and it ties deeply to each of our core values. Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.
We provide our valuable employees the following benefits:
– Competitive salary
– Paid time off
– Medical, dental, vision and pet insurance
– Maternity/paternity leave program
– Employee assistance program
– 401k retirement savings plan
– Flexible spending accounts
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The EEO is the Law poster is available here