Fayetteville, North Carolina
Expiry Date :
Mon, 16 Nov 2020 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
US – NC – Fayetteville
As we create a colorful, capable and cleaner world through chemistry, we invite you to join our team to harness the power of chemistry to shape markets, redefine industries and improve lives for billions of people around the world.
Chemours is seeking a Staff Chemist to join our growing Technology team! This position will report directly to the Manufacturing Technology Manager at our Fayetteville Works plant site in Fayetteville, NC.
The Staff Chemist will perform routine experiments, chemical analysis, or information search/analysis projects in support of our chemical manufacturing process. The role is responsible for recognizing erroneous or unexpected results, interpret and analyze the results and make suggestions based on their analysis and conclusions and adapts new methodology to current projects.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
– Provide day-to-day support to the manufacturing lab
– Assist the Principal Investigators in conducting and documenting experiments and analytical trials in a safe and environmentally responsible manner
– Use your knowledge of designing experiments, data analysis, and scientific testing methodologies to solve problems in support of manufacturing operations
– Expected to interpret and analyze results, recognize erroneous or unexpected results, and make suggestions on the path forward based on our analysis and conclusions
– Provide support of the analytical instruments used for routine analysis in the Nafion manufacturing lab
– Support PSM, SHE as well as continuous improvement efforts
– Assist in the routine monitoring of quality data from the lab to look for abnormal results and determine the reason (process upset, equipment failure, sample cross contamination, etc.)
– Routine monitoring of analytical methods to ensure consistency and statistical accuracy via techniques such as Gage R & R analysis
– Analysis of non-routine samples to assist with troubleshooting of manufacturing problems or in conjunction with manufacturing plant tests / product trials
The Following Is Required For This Role
– Bachelor’s degree in chemistry or related field from an accredited college
– 5-8 years of experience/aptitude with gas or liquid chromatography (use, troubleshooting, and method development)
– Knowledge of an array of analytical instrumentation including but not limited to: FTIR (across variety of samples – gases, liquid, and solids), wet chemistry (pH, ion selective electrode, acid/base titration, etc.)
– Comfortable working in a team environment, high degree of initiative and self-motivation, and flexibility to monitor and move projects forward quickly and safely
– Willingness to work off-hours including shift work.
The Following Is Preferred For This Role
– Knowledge of NMR spectroscopy a plus
– Knowledge of calibration strategies for the various analytical technologies, including preparation of gaseous and liquid standards
– Knowledge of computer communications and programs like LIMS, ATLAS, Minitab, ChemStation
– Some knowledge of sampling system operation and design, for example, fast loop/slow loop operation, delay times in sampling, isolation techniques for maintenance, sample transport strategies, etc.
– Competitive Compensation
– Comprehensive Benefits Packages
– 401(k) Match
– Employee Stock Purchase Program
– Tuition Reimbursement
– Commuter Benefits
– Learning and Development Opportunities
– Strong Inclusion and Diversity Initiatives
– Company-paid Volunteer Days
We’re Chemours. a Different Kind Of Chemistry Company.
We are driven by our purpose to create a more colorful, capable, and cleaner world through the power of chemistry.
Built upon a 200-year-old legacy and a world-class product portfolio, we bring everyday convenience to virtually everything people touchin industries ranging from automotive, paints, and plastics to electronics, construction, energy, and telecommunications. We bring solutions that are better, safer, more reliable, and more sustainable, through the power of chemistry.
We see our people as our biggest assets. Instead of focusing just on what our employees do each day, we look at how they do it. By taking a different approach to talent development, employee engagement, and culture, our goal is to empower employees to be their best selvesat Chemours and in life.
The ours in Chemours represents everyone who works here. We’re thousands strong and always looking for the best and brightest to join our team.
Five fundamental, foundational values form the substructure of our culture as a multinational
corporation. They are core beliefs that guide and frame both our behaviors and our aspirations.
Our values are in part what differentiate us from others, making us uniquely Chemours.
They areCustomer Centered, Refreshing Simplicity, Collective Entrepreneurship,
Safety Obsession, and Unshakable Integrity. At Chemours, our values are where everything begins.
We were honored to be named a Great Place to Work-Certified Company for 2019-2020 our second consecutive year . We were also proud to receive a Gold Medallion Award from the U.S. Department of Labor’s HIRE VETS program in 2019.
Chemours is an equal opportunity employer
Chemours is an E-Verify employer
Candidates must be able to perform all duties listed with or without accommodation
Immigration sponsorship (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status) is not currently available for this position
At Chemours, you will find sustainability in our vision, our business and your future. If you want to work on the leading edge of your field and have a desire to make a difference, join Chemours and discover what it means when we say We Are Living Chemistry.
Posted 10 Days Ago Full time JR5566
A new company. A new purpose. A new commitment to customers and chemistry. We are Chemours. And even more exciting is how our employees are committed to be catalysts for better. The word ours is in our name intentionally. It is about our employees, our customers and our world. Our values are simple: We seek to put our customers first always. We encourage creativity and simplicity. We give you the ability to operate with the innovation and enthusiasm of an entrepreneur. We are obsessed with making our world safe and we do this all with unshakable integrity – doing what is right. See chemistry in a different way at Chemours.
PLEASE USE A WEB BROWSER OTHER THAN INTERNET EXPLORER IF YOU ENCOUNTER ISSUES (CHROME, FIREFOX, SAFARI, ETC.)