Summer Internship – Laboratory Assistant
Brooklyn, New York
Expiry Date :
Fri, 25 Jun 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
Are you interested in research and laboratory work? How about automation? Our mission is to help biomedical researchers find cures by accelerating histopathology and enabling global collaboration. We are seeking talented, motivated, and responsible summer interns to help fight diseases cooperatively instead of individually.
HistoWiz has over 1,000 paying customers globally from top academic institutions (e.g. MSKCC, Harvard, Stanford, HHMI) and pharmaceutical companies (e.g. CRISPR, Johnson & Johnson, Regeneron). We process tissue specimens and digitize all of the results, hosting our clients data on a proprietary platform, PathologyMapTM . This platform not only enables industry-leading turnaround time for diagnosis, but also online viewing, sharing and search. No other platform like this exists, so we are truly building something new that can bridge scientists, doctors, and patients from all over the world to conquer life-threatening diseases collaboratively instead of individually. This online platform also contains the worlds largest collection of pathology data and the first network of top pathologists.
If this all interests you and you’re looking to join a dynamic, young team, please apply to our 2021 Internship program!
* Support the laboratory in maintaining an efficient workflow by assisting laboratory personnel.
* Essential Job Functions:
* Receiving: Receive incoming laboratory samples and check them for accuracy. Ensure that the labels on the specimens coincide with the information provided from lab/ institution.
* Scanning: Scan slides onto our Laboratory Information System (LIS). Maintain accurate data for record keeping.
* Shipping: Generate Fedex labels and assist in shipping and packaging final products to respective labs.
* Adhere to Laboratory Safety / Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) rules and regulations.
*Other duties required as needed.
* Working towards a bachelor or master’s degree. Life science background preferred.
* At least 1 year of lab experience (preferred)
* Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
* Computer research skills preferable
* Knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
We believe in investing in our employees professional development, and we encourage networking within the biotech, pharma, tech and startup communities for all of our employees and collaborators. We work with numerous top academic, biotech, and pharma research institutions and have some of the top pathologists in the US working with our team.