Supervisor, Laboratory – MT
Expiry Date :
Fri, 06 Nov 2020 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
Department: Core Laboratory
Hours: 7:00 am – 3:30 pm
Honored as Top Hospital of the Decade by The Leapfrog Group, Virginia Mason in Seattle, WA, is internationally recognized as a preeminent organization that is focused on transforming health care. True to that vision, we spent this past decade creating and delivering a multitude of innovations. The results: Industry-changing process improvements and initiatives that have revolutionized our ability to eliminate waste, cut costs, and most importantly, improve the quality of services. Our commitment to Team Medicine and the transformation of health care is what built our reputation as a quality leader, and empowers us with the capability to provide rapid access to care through our Virginia Mason Production System.
As a key member of our leadership team, you will help to continually develop the results-driven initiatives that define our success and are transforming healthcare.
_The following duties are intended to be representative of the work performed by incumbents in this position and is not all-inclusive. The omission of a specific duty or responsibility will not preclude it from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical extension of position responsibilities._
* 25% – Ensures smooth flow of assigned laboratory section(s) operations by directing the work of laboratory staff. Develops, modifies, implements and evaluates operational processes for the section. Assigns and changes priorities within the work unit as needed. Acts as a resource to staff for daily operational needs.
* 25% – Recruits, hires, trains, disciplines and supervises staff including completion of performance evaluations and competency assessments. Maintains and updates staff procedure manuals, staff training programs and quality assurance programs.
* 10% – Assists manager with budget development and management. Assures cost-effective daily operations and allocation of section resources to optimize available staff and equipment with demand for service.
* 10% – Maintains technical understanding of sections analytical processes.
* 5% – Ensures compliance with state, federal and regulatory agency requirements for facilities, equipment, processes and staff. Ensures a safe working environment for staff and patients.
* 5% – Acts as a contributing member of laboratory team as needed to facilitate delivery of services.
* 5% – Participates as a contributing member of section(s), department and VM-wide management team
* 15% – Participates in quality improvement projects focused on achievement of annual goals and lean initiatives; ensures implementation of and adherence to improvement changes.
This position requires an Bachelor’s degree and certification in a laboratory field or equivalent plus three years’ increasingly responsible laboratory operations experience. This position also requires Certification, Registration, or Licensure in Medical Technology, or equivalent. Demonstrated ability to prioritize the demands of daily operations and organize resources required. Also requires demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills, active listening skills and conflict mediation ability. Demonstrated ability to facilitate change and build effective teams also required.
Virginia Mason offers much more than competitive compensation and benefits. With continuing education opportunities and the added potential of relocation assistance, you will find our commitment to your well-being is both rewarding and refreshing.
There is also the lifestyle benefit that comes with finding yourself in the heart of the Pacific Northwest. Surrounded by the vibrancy and sophistication of one of the most livable cities in the country, finding the perfect urban or outdoor pursuit will instinctively and pleasurably become second nature.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.