Supplier Quality Engineer
Auburn Hills, Michigan
Expiry Date :
Mon, 21 Jun 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE)
HIROTEC AMERICA is the worlds leading comprehensive engineering company; providing state of the art tooling, engineering services and products to automotive manufacturers across the world with Headquarters located in the heart of Auburn Hills.
Currently seeking a Supplier Quality Engineer to become part of the HIROTEC team.
This person is responsible for:
* Participation in program meetings, lead and support supplier audits, APQP, and PPAP activities to ensure all deliverables are being fulfilled.
* Establish close relationships with assigned suppliers and actively drive continuous improvement activities.
* Initiate and follow-up on corrective actions and verify effectiveness.
* Collaborate with engineering and suppliers to alleviate discrepancies in product specifications and evaluate cost reduction opportunities.
* Point of contact and supplier representative regarding all questions pertaining to quality and technical matters.
* Drive acceptable incoming quality levels to support manufacturing, cost, capacity and delivery goals.
* Perform supplier quality systems and process audits as well as lead supplier improvement/development programs.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelors of Science degree (Industrial, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering) or equivalent, minimum of 5 years of experience as SQE in a production setting. In addition, a strong background in auditing, APQP & PPAP process knowledge, manufacturing processes, GDT, statistical processes control (SPC) knowledge and application, understanding of quality management system (QMS) for IATF requirements, Environmental Management System (EMS) for ISO 14001 (2015), and strong Microsoft Office skills required. Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to travel to supplier and customer sites, including but not limiting to international travel.
HIROTEC AMERICA offers one of the most progressive benefit and compensation packages in our industry. Make the decision to join our team!
Excellent work environment and benefits awaits you!