Supplier Quality Manager
New York, New York
Expiry Date :
Sat, 19 Jun 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
MIRROR is the worlds first nearly invisible home gym featuring live and on-demand fitness classes in a variety of workout genres, and 1:1 personal training. MIRROR is creating a new category of in-home fitness with cutting-edge hardware, responsive software, and best-in-class content that transforms any room into a complete home gym. For the first time, the essential components of a great studio workout–variety, personalization, and community–are brought to the most convenient place: the home.
MIRROR was founded by Harvard grad Brynn Putnam, creator of Refine Method, named New Yorks Smartest Workout. We recently joined the lululemon family, operating as an independent entity, and now have the resources of a public, global company behind us. Were an inclusive space for all identities and are committed to keeping that foundation intact as we grow. If you’re eager to make an impact in a quickly growing business, we want to hear more from you!
The Role & You
You are a technical person who will be the main advocate for Mirror when interacting with our Supply Chain. You will partner with MX, Procurement, Engineering, & Customer Quality and your responsibilities will include managing and developing our supply chains level of Quality. You will also assist in all supplier qualification endeavors including supplier on site audit and evaluations.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
* Working with the supplier directly, create corrective action plans to address product failures.
* Regularly communicate with Engineering, Quality, and Supply Chain internally to identify opportunities for quality and productivity improvement.
* Coordinate with Supplier, Supply Chain, and Engineering to ensure awareness to known purchased part or product quality issues.
* Participate in the ECN process to ensure awareness to design changes. Ensure implementation is in accordance with the PPAP process.
* Regularly visit suppliers and assist Supply Chain in conducting Supplier Audits.
* Perform or lead root cause analysis on purchased part or product quality issues and work issues through the corrective action process.
You should be experienced enough in quality engineering and systems thinking to step in and make an impact from day one. Youre expected to become an expert in Supplier Management, Root Cause Analysis, and Quality methodologies.
Your success in this role will primarily be measured on the following Metrics:
* Direction of overall supplier quality trends and elimination of recurring issues
* Responsiveness to responding to all Quality issues flagged by MX team
* Proactivity in recognizing when individual issues are new or belong to a larger trend
* Completion of RCA and Countermeasure process according to SLAs
* Timeliness and accuracy of Quality reports
* Quality of communication to the MX, R&D, Supply Chain, & Leadership Team
* B.S. degree in an Engineering discipline
* 3-5 Years of Quality Engineering and/or Validation Experience in a manufacturing environment
* Proficient in quality analysis tools such as 8D, PPAP, PFMEA etc.
* Strong problem-solving skills with ability to teach basic problem-solving techniques and facilitate problem solving team events.
* Experience in developing part certification processes and vendor quality measures
* Extremely well organized, detail oriented, and an effective time manager.
* American Society of Quality SQP or other completed programs is a plus.
* Six Sigma Belt a plus
* Exercise initiative, achievement and independent judgment
* Ability to read and understand engineering drawings
* Competitive Compensation
* Competitive Health Coverage
* 401(k) plan
* Self-directed Paid Time Off
* Opportunity for Rapid Growth