Surgical Technician-Medical Device
Covance by Labcorp
San Carlos, California
Expiry Date :
Mon, 26 Apr 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
_DO YOU HAVE VETERINARY AND SURGICAL TECH SKILLS? WOULD YOU LIKE THE OPPORTUNITY TO TRAIN AS A SURGEON?ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A NEW SET OF CHALLENGES?_
Join the team in San Carlos, CA as a _SURGICAL TECHNICIAN_ working in Medical Device Studies. In this role you will be providing excellent care to animals in research studies. You’ll be workingwith cutting edge researchand yourwork will have a direct relationship to our mission of improving health and improve lives.
_$2,000 SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE (NEW HIRES ONLY)_
In this role, you will learn to coordinate activitiesinvolved in medical device studies, you’ll be working with large animals in a research setting. Duties include but not limitedto:
* Administers animal care and medical treatments such assuture removal, bandage removal and or replacement,restraint/handling, venous catheterizations placement
* Give urgent treatments as directed by veterinarian staff (IV/ SQ fluids, oxygen therapy (mask or intubation), analgesics.).
* Collects basic samples using appropriate techniques and submitting the samples.
* Learns to take and process radiographs; knows and understands radiation safety.
* Assist veterinarians by preparing wound, gathering supplies, monitoring during and after procedure.
* Animal prep for surgery, including intubation, surgical scrub (aseptic technique), monitoring animals under anesthesia and recovery.
* Performs minor surgical procedures.
* Position requires workingevery 3rd weekend both Saturdayand Sunday. Regular Overtime.
* Registered Veterinary Technician certification is a plus
* Bachelors degree in Life Sciences, Associate degree in Laboratory Animal Technology, or Associate degree in Veterinary Technology preferred but not required
* AALAS certification preferred but not required
* Prior experiencewith animalcare, animal surgeryis preferred.
* Large animal experience includingpigs and sheep is preferredbut not required.