TEAM LEAD – QUALITY CONTROL
Expiry Date :
Mon, 21 Jun 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
Selene Finance is a multi-line of business financial services firm with a mortgage servicing company, a loan diligence company, a title company, an insurance brokerage and a real estate owned company. There are locations in Houston, TX, Jacksonville, FL,and Dallas, TX. Founded in 2007 to address needs in the mortgage industry, we strive to provide amazing client and borrower experiences. A positive attitude coupled with proven creative thinking and actions are attributes we seek in all of our employees. If you want to make a difference, Selene is the place for you!
POSITION SUMMARY: The Quality Control Team Lead is responsible for assisting in developing and performing periodic quality control reviews throughout the company resulting in the issuance of reports to the respective business manager and senior management. This includes timely completion of quality control reviews across multiple areas of inquiry, maintaining a high-quality benchmark and calibration with team members/management on review defects. This position will assist in managing Quality Control staff resources and help oversee any quality control reviews performed by a third party. The Quality Control Team Lead will coordinate with the Quality Control Assistant Vice President and Quality Control Manager as well as other functions within the Risk Management area. This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive listing of all duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management’s discretion.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Help develop and facilitate periodic transactional quality control testing in support of Selene’s control environment and audit schedule.
* Assist in maintaining and enhancing the quality control audit schedule and scope to comply with obligations imposed by federal, state, agency and contractual obligations.
* Monitor and validate remediation of audit findings or control enhancements.
* Oversee coordination of third-party audit responses and communicate results to respective business managers.
* Assist in development and management of Quality Control team members to drive excellence within a key control group.
* Coordinate activities with the Risk Management team to ensure timely calibration of risk and control document testing.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
* The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Requires a high school diploma or general education degree (GED)
* 3+ years experience in residential mortgage servicing.
* 5+ years experience in quality control reviews or internal audit.
* BKFS and Sagent/LoanSphere experience a plus.
Special skills/abilities/competencies required:
* Strong ability to work independently.
* Ability to easily prioritize job duties according to the needs of the company.
* Ability to quickly respond and adapt in a fast-paced and professional environment.
* Highest level of confidentiality must be maintained.
* Employee must have a strong sense of professionalism and be a positive person.
* Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
* Technological literacy (proficient in MS Office applications).
* Ability to develop rapport with all levels of associates and establish credibility.
* Excellent listening skills.
* Strong interpersonal/relationship building skills.
* Problem solving and decision making ability.
Selene Finance LP is committed to the total wellbeing of its employees therefore offers one of the best benefits package available in the industry today which include:
* Paid Time Off (PTO)
* Medical, Dental &Vision
* Employee Assistance Program
* Flexible Spending Account
* Health Savings Account
* Paid Holidays (10 days off)
* Company paid Life Insurance,
* Matching 401(k) Plan
The job requirement listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. This job description is not an inclusive list of all duties and responsibilities of this position. Incumbents will be required to follow any other job related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. Selene Finance LP reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs.