Translational Informatics Data Senior Scientist
Mountain View, California
Expiry Date :
Fri, 26 Mar 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
DNAnexus xVantage Group is passionate about partnerships and client success. Our partnership culture is as important as the technology we provide our clients. Our mission is to help our clients achieve their research and clinical goals with the DNAnexus solutions and services. Our team includes highly sought after experts including data scientists, bioinformaticians, cloud computing experts, and software engineers.
This is an exciting opportunity to join DNAnexus growing team. We are looking for a Translational Informatics Scientist to work with an interdisciplinary team of scientists, engineers, and program managers on DNAnexus Apollo [ translational informatics suite. You will be responsible for developing computational methods and tools for large scale data analysis to get insights out of data in support of translational genomics research. The ideal candidate is a computational biologist with success in leading research projects combining next-generation sequencing data with various forms of phenotypic, transcriptomic, metabolomic, and other clinical data. They will have strong programming skills, expertise in designing scalable solutions and experience in genomic data analysis for inferring meaningful insights from large biological datasets. They will be knowledgeable and keenly intuitive about translational research including techniques for data quality control and data analysis at scale including GWAS, PheWAS, PRS and other multi-omics and machine learning analysis.
* Develop and apply analytical approaches for large, complex genomic data sets in conjunction with clinical, phenotypic, and multi-omics data
* Define solutions that meet customer requirements and research goals, working closely with program management and engineering team to drive those solutions through development, testing, and customer validation in an agile environment
* Conceptualize and develop optimal methods/pipelines and Jupyter Notebooks for a diverse set of genomic data analysis workflows that allow domain scientists and savvy users alike to gain insights from large scale data.
* Analyze real-world datasets such as UK Biobank to understand the underlying data models and research goals.
* Research, integrate, test, and validate bioinformaticstools and methods with reproducible,scalable andwell-testedcodeon the DNAnexus Platform.
* Ph.D. in computer science, bioinformatics, computational biology, genetics, or related discipline with a computational emphasis;
* 3+ years of experience in bioinformatics, biostatistics, genomics, statistical genetics, population genetics, systems biology, and/or translational research in either academic or industry settings
* Strong programming skills with the ability to develop reusable, well-tested software with advanced level knowledge in Python, R, and bash.
* Experience with big data analytics technologies including Spark, Hive, and Hadoop, and an understanding of relational database concepts.
* Experience working with large-scale omics datasets, e.g. ENCODE, 1000 Genomes, ExAC/gnomAD, TCGA.
* Familiarity with statistical genetics methods and tools including GWAS (PLINK, HAIL, BOLT-LMM, SAIGE, RVtests, SKAT, METAL), PheWAS (PLATO, PHESANT), Polygenic Risk Score analysis (PRS), Mendelian randomization, fine mapping, pathway analysis
* Understanding of cloud computing and high-performance computing.
* Excellent leadership qualities, interpersonal skills, and verbal and written communication skills.
* Thrives in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
* Entrepreneurial can do attitude with the ability to find creative, pragmatic solutions