Mountain View Veterinary Surgery
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Expiry Date :
Sun, 13 Jun 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
A Brief Overview
Provides animal care by interviewing owners; reviewing care plans and records; completing laboratory tests, studies and diagnostic imaging; taking vital signs; collecting samples; administering medications and drugs; bandaging and wrapping wounds; assisting during surgeries; feeding and caring for animals; maintaining supplies and equipment; maintaining patient records.
Primary emphasis :
* Supports animal operations by assembling required supplies and instruments; setting-up surgery table instruments; restraining animals; completing local/regional anesthesia; operating and monitoring anesthetic machines; hooking-up ECG monitors; preparing surgical site; placing catheters; obtaining blood gases; cleaning-up post-surgical site; maintaining sterile conditions; obtaining and verifying medications.
* 2 years or more Veterinary Medicine preferred, and
* 2 years or more surgical and anesthesia experience preferred.
* Excellent communication skills with clients as well as communicating efficiently with team members.
* Can remain calm and efficient during a medical crisis.
* Actively looking for ways to help people.
* Ability to lift objects weighing 40 pounds without assistance and objects weighing more than 40 pounds with assistance.
* Ability to work energetically for the entire shift, sometimes exceeding 10 hours per day.
* Must be able to withstand unpleasant odors and noises.
* Certified Veterinary Technician preferred.
401(k) matching, Dental insurance, Disability insurance, Employee discount, Health insurance, Life insurance, Paid time off, Retirement plan, Vision insurance
Pay is $18-$25/hour, depending on experience.