Veterinary Technician – Century Animal Hospital
Century Animal Hospital
Pleasant Hill, Texas
Expiry Date :
Mon, 26 Apr 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
We are seeking to hire a few Veterinary Technicians to join our fast-paced growingclinic and team. Youll need to have an outstanding demeanor and be proficient in providing support while delivering the best service to our clients. Youwill also work in ateam environment and foster teamshipby promoting partnership and respect.
SCHEDULE: FULL-TIME, MUST BE AVAILABLE TO WORK SATURDAYS.
As a Veterinary Technician you will:
* Support veterinarians in procedures using accurate restraint; know how to restrain fractious patients.
* Assist veterinarian in surgical procedures using proper aseptic technique.
* Maintain and use equipment such as IDEXX Procyte/CatalystOne and autoclave.
* Perform routine laboratory procedures and analyses in hematology, microbiology, urinalysis, and serology.
* Prepare samples for outside laboratory analysis.
* Monitor patients under anesthesia.
* Induce anesthesia and intubate patients.
* Coordinate treatments and injections following the instructions of a doctor or a treatment form.
* Initiate emergency procedures; triage patients.
* Maintain pharmacy records, and controlled drug, anesthesia logs.
* Take radiographs, with knowledge of accurate positioning and techniques.
* Take vital signs of animals including temperature, pulse, and respiration.
* Perform dental cleanings.
* Perform and analyze skin and ear cytologies.
* Perform catheterization- urinary and venous.
* Complete anal gland expression, ear cleanings, and nail trims
* Assist in maintaining and preparing records, consent forms, other documents.
* Support out other team members as needed.
* Assist in customer service such as answering incoming phone calls, greeting and checking-in clients, checking-out clients and accurately updating financial records, preparing patient files and documents, as well as acting as a liaison for client communications.
* Work well independently and in a group.
* Show excellent client communication and telephone skills.
* Must efficiently be able to read, speak, and write in English.
* Must have basic computer literacy skills.
* Handle multiple unrelated tasks, simultaneously.
* Administer injections, perform venipuncture, take vital signs of animals, and accurately restrain animals, including fractious pets, for examination and treatment.
* Dispense treatments/medications intravenously, orally, and subcutaneously.