Veterinary Technician – Mayfair Village Animal Hospital
Mayfair Village Animal Hospital
Expiry Date :
Sun, 15 Nov 2020 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
We are seeking a Veterinary Technician to join our fast-paced clinic and team. You will an outstanding demeanor and be proficient in providing support while delivering the best service to our clients. They will also work to form a team in our clinic by promoting partnership and respect. You will lead and naturally implement to our groups cultural tenets.
* Review vaccination records and prepare vaccines according to our vaccine protocol.
* Support veterinarians in procedures using accurate restraint; know how to restrain fractious patients.
* Assist veterinarian in surgical procedures using proper aseptic technique.
* Maintain and use equipment such as IDEXX Procyte/CatalystOne and autoclave.
* Perform routine laboratory procedures and analyses in hematology, microbiology, urinalysis, and serology.
* Prepare samples for outside laboratory analysis.
* Monitor patients under anesthesia.
* Induce anesthesia and intubate patients.
* Coordinate treatments and injections following the instructions of a doctor or a treatment form.
* Initiate emergency procedures; triage patients.
* Maintain pharmacy records, and controlled drug, anesthesia logs.
* Take radiographs, with knowledge of accurate positioning and techniques.
* Take vital signs of animals including temperature, pulse, and respiration.
* Perform dental cleanings.
* Perform and analyze skin and ear cytologies.
* Perform catheterization- urinary and venous.
* Complete anal gland expression, ear cleanings, and nail trims
* Assist in maintaining and preparing records, consent forms, other documents.
* Support out other team members as needed.
* _Assist in customer service such as answering incoming phone calls, greeting and checking-in clients, checking-out clients and accurately updating financial records, preparing patient files and documents, as well as acting as liaison for client communications._