Wood Identification Screening Center Quality Manager
Management & Engineering Technologies International, Inc.
Expiry Date :
Fri, 06 Nov 2020 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
Identification Screening Center Quality Manager
Management and Engineering Technologies International, Inc. (METI), in support of the
U.S. Forest Service (USFS) Office of International Programs (IP), is recruiting for a Quality Manager and administrative associate to support the USFS Wood Identification & Screening Center (WISC) at Oregon State University.
WISC is a wood identification forensic service provider and research laboratory with specialization in mass spectrometry. Illegal logging is the third largest transnational crime. As part of USFS IP’s global Illegal Logging and Associated Trade program, WISC combats illegal logging by supporting enforcement of the U.S. Lacey Act and Endangered Species Act.
At WISC, we value diversity and recognize its role in enriching work and innovation. One of WISC’s goals is to diversify forensic science and related fields through student engagement, international collaboration, and public outreach. To align with these goals, applicants should be willing to foster a welcoming, inclusive, anti-racist community to all individuals regardless of physical ability, race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, nationality, or personal religious practices.
The Quality Manager will support WISC in development and management of systems related to forensic compliance, quality assurance and quality control, and administrative and logistical support associated with smooth operations of the Center. The position is located at Oregon State University in Corvallis, Oregon. A successful candidate will work strategically with diverse colleagues, students, and international partners.
Duties include the following:
– Lead the implementation and management of systems and documentation that ensure compliance with international standards (ISO) 17025 Laboratory Competence and Society for Wildlife Forensic Science forensic Best Practices Guidelines
– Maintain employee training records
– Evaluate information or laboratory practices to determine compliance with laws, regulations, or standards
– Manage WISC outreach network and maintain outreach database
– Assist with reference sample procurement from collaborators
– Coordinate and execute internal and/or external activities related to projects by tracking supplies, managing purchases, arranging travel, assisting with events management, and other logistics support
Qualifications for Full Consideration:
– Three years administrative or quality management experience or other combination of relevant education and experience
– Exceptional organizational skills with a high level of attention to detail
– Excellent written communication skills in English
– Resourceful in gathering and summarizing pertinent information
– Proficient with MS Office Suite
Preferred Additional Qualifications:
– Knowledge of quality system requirements, especially ISO 9001, 17020 and 17025
– BA/BS in a science discipline or other combination of relevant education and experience
Level of Effort: Full-time
If you are interested in more than just a job and would like to share in METI’s success, then please apply at the link above and submit any questions to .
METI offers a superior employee benefits package to include 401K Plan and Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
METI is an Equal Opportunity Employer: M/F/V/D