Website Gables Search Group
Gables Search Group
Company : Gables Search Group
Country: United States
Location : Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Post: Wed, 03 Aug 2022 17:11:11 GMT
Expires: Wed, 31 Aug 2022 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job : Apply Online
—————————— Job Description ——————————
Manufacturing client of ours is hiring a Chemist.
• Develop and perform laboratory experiments and analysis with consultation from the project team to recommend solutions to project-specific problems.
• Serve as chemistry lead for products and projects needing formulation changes.
• Support manufacturing and quality on issues related to current material formulations.
• Raw material product stewardship: support regulatory compliance on existing and new raw materials.
• Perform routine maintenance and calibration tests on lab test equipment.
• Collaborate with all appropriate disciplines within the company.
Principal Accountabilities: (The job’s essential or most important functions and
responsibilities. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
• Must have general knowledge of standard lab practices.
• Collect, document, and report on test data – strictly adhering to best practices for data integrity.
• Effectively use experimental design (DOE) tools to build and analyze experimental test sets.
• Operate computer-controlled test equipment and analyze data. Ability to use various measuring instruments (micrometers, calipers, etc.). Computer literate with working knowledge of LIMS, MiniTab and Microsoft Suite. Chemistry Laboratory Proficiency, including titration, FTIR, DSC, viscometry, etc.
• Develop new tests and document the associated work instructions.
• Experimentally evaluate key technologies and materials that can be leveraged by sales, marketing, NPD, quality, and operations.
• Strong attention to detail, ability to organize job priorities, and effectively manage
multiple projects. Good problem solving and analytical skills, mechanical aptitude, and ability.
• Operate in accordance with ISO procedures for product development and customer
• Deliver and communicate agreed-upon results for projects.
• Communicate internal presentations to project leadership, using specified formats.
• Make recommendations to Product Development/Applications regarding processing
methods to be used for new products.
• Provide materials and data to customers, as requested by senior associates.
• Provide routine testing of production materials as needed (NCO, Mix Cure, etc.).
• Understand and adhere to SDS for all materials used. Strictly use appropriate PPE.
Implement strong safe-work practices and encourage others to do the same.
• Work with supply chain to provide technical expertise in evaluating new and current raw materials or processes. Ensure SDS are filed on SiteHawk for all new raw materials.
• Design elementary test fixtures for use in product analysis, with consultation from project engineers.
• Coordinate with other associates in the lab to maximize efficient use of resources.
• Work toward the greater good for the company, especially in cross-functional teams. Must have good verbal/written communication skills and excellent interpersonal skill.
• Provide recommendations to internal cross-functional teams on effective use of
• Maintain and promote company values and behaviors at all times.
Environmental, Health & Safety Accountabilities: (The level of safety accountability needed to successfully accomplish the essential duties of this job.
• Learn and follow EHS policies, rules and work instructions
• Attend required EHS training
• Wear the required PPE at all times
• Take personal responsibility for keeping yourself and your co-workers and visitors free from injury by participating in and/or conducting risk assessments, workplace
inspections, corrective actions and safety observations
• Report incidents, near miss, unsafe conditions, unsafe acts and other hazards in the workplace. STOP WORK when imminent danger is present
• Maintain work area in a neat and orderly fashion and keep equipment in proper working condition.
Education and/or Relative Experience: (The level of education and/or experience needed to successfully accomplish the essential duties of this job.)
• Bachelor’s degree (BS) in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering from an accredited four-year college or university; or related discipline and two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Good working knowledge of chemistry, physics, dynamics, materials properties, and statistics.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations (The licenses, certificates, or registrations that are recommended to perform the essential duties of this job.)
• LEAN certification
• Six Sigma certification
• Membership in a professional organization, such as ACS
To apply for this job please visit www.resume-library.com.