Company : VCA Animal Hospitals
Country: United States
Location : Spokane, Washington
Post: Mon, 06 Nov 2023 20:13:41 GMT
Expires: Mon, 04 Dec 2023 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job : Apply Online
—————————— Job Description ——————————
VCA North Division Animal Medical Center in Spokane, Washington is looking to expand their Patient Care Team!
Job Title: Licensed Veterinary Technician
We are seeking a passionate and dedicated Veterinary Technician to join our team of animal care professionals. As a Veterinary Technician, you will play a crucial role in providing exceptional care to our furry patients and supporting our veterinary team. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual who is not only skilled in veterinary medicine but also possesses a deep love for animals and a commitment to their well-being.
We offer a dynamic work environment with the opportunity to work alongside highly skilled technicians, assistants, and doctors.
– Assist veterinarians in diagnosing and treating animals for various medical conditions.
– Perform various medical procedures such as vaccinations, dental cleanings, and surgical assistance.
– Administer medications and treatments as prescribed by the veterinarian.
– Conduct laboratory tests and analyze results to aid in the diagnosis of illnesses.
– Monitor anesthesia during surgeries and assist in recovery procedures.
– Educate pet owners on proper animal care, nutrition, and medication administration.
– Maintain accurate and detailed medical records for all patients.
– Provide compassionate and gentle handling of animals to minimize stress and ensure their well-being.
– Assist in the maintenance of veterinary equipment and supplies.
– Collaborate with the veterinary team to ensure the highest standards of patient care and customer service.
– Participate in continuing education and training to stay updated on the latest advancements in veterinary medicine.
– Associate’s degree in Veterinary Technology or related field.
– Licensed Veterinary Technician (LVT, CVT, RVT) or recent Veterinary Technician Graduate.
– Compassionate and empathetic attitude towards both animals and their owners.
– Proficiency in using veterinary software for medical recordkeeping.
– Ability to lift and restrain animals when necessary.
Schedule: Full-time opportunity, 4 x 10 hour shifts.
Not looking to be scheduled for 40 hours? No problem! Our leadership team believes in work-life balance and wants to work with you!
Compensation: Starting at $20 – 25 / hour. Pay is dependent on experience and licensure.
– Competitive salary based on experience.
– Health, dental, and vision insurance.
– Retirement savings plan with employer match.
– life, long and short-term disability insurance, company paid.
– Paid parental leave.
– Paid time off and holidays.
– Continuing education opportunities with financial assistance and license reimbursement.
– Employee discounts on veterinary services and products.
– Supportive and collaborative team environment.
– Opportunities for career growth and advancement.
– Referral bonuses
– Free mental health sessions and wellness subscriptions (Head Space and 12 Lyra Health sessions)
How to Apply:
If you are passionate about providing high-quality care to animals and want to be a part of our dedicated team, apply today! We look forward to welcoming a new member to our veterinary family who shares our commitment to the well-being of animals.
VCA North Division Animal Medical Center
8714 N Division St, Spokane, WA 99218
If you are a current associate, you need to apply through our internal career site. Please log into Workday and click on the Career worklet on the landing page or search for Find Jobs.
Benefits: We offer competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and paid vacation/sick days, 401(k), generous employee pet discounts and more!
The information in this position description indicates the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description or require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example, emergencies, change in personnel, workload, or technical development)
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans / Disabled. For a complete EEO statement please see our career page at (url removed)