Job Title: Clinical Pharmacist
Contract Type: Permanent
We are looking for a Clinical Pharmacist Lead and Clinical Pharmacists to work within a Primary Care Network, to lead and be part of our established Pharmacy team, working alongside the Clinical Director, GP Pharmacy Lead and Primary Care Network Manager. You won't be on your own!
You will be instrumental within the team, implementing and shaping new ways of working. Your role will involve working with practices to ensure we are supporting our patient population in the best way we can.
We want to hear from people who have the passion and creativity to help shape and build our Pharmacy service for our Primary Care Network.
* You will lead and manage the pharmacy team (or be part of), implementing safe clinical practice and processes across the primary care network practices.
* Providing leadership and supervision to the team, as well as developing new services and participating in new initiatives. This role is pivotal to improving the quality of care and operational efficiencies so requires motivation and passion to deliver excellent services within general practice.
* The post holder will provide primary support to general practice staff with regards to prescription and medication queries. They will help support the repeat prescription system, deal with acute prescription requests, and medicines reconciliation on transfer of care and systems for safer prescribing, providing expertise in clinical medicines advice while addressing both public and social care needs of patient in the GP practice (s).
* The post holder will provide clinical leadership on medicines optimisation and quality improvement and manage some aspects of the DES Contract, quality and outcomes framework and enhanced services.
* You will take responsibility for areas of chronic disease management within the practice and undertake clinical medication reviews to proactively manage patients with complex polypharmacy.
* Registered with the GPhC;
* Masters degree in pharmacy (MPharm);
* Qualification in independent prescribing via an approved training pathway such as CPPE;
* Enrolled/Qualified on an approved 18 month training pathway.
* Management qualification
* Proven experience at a management level and evidence of leading teams and managing workloads;
* Minimum of 2 years experience as a Clinical Pharmacist, demonstrated within a practice portfolio;
* Be able to practice and prescribe safely and effectively in a primary care setting;
* Have experience and an awareness of common acute and long-term conditions that are likely to be seen in general practice;
* Recognises priorities when problem-solving and identifies deviations from normal pattern and is able to refer to seniors or GPs when appropriate;
* Able to develop, implement and follow legal, ethical, professional and organisational policies/procedures and codes of conduct;
* Involves patients in decisions about prescribed medicines and supporting adherence as per NICE guidelines.
Blackstone Recruitment Benefits:
✅Assigned specialised recruitment consultant
✅Access to exclusive and flexible UK locum and permanent jobs
✅Complete onboarding support
✅Informed tailored career advice
✅Personalised job alerts
✅Unlimited referral bonus
For further information on this role, please contact Emma Ansett at Blackstone Recruitment on the details provided or APPLY now
£40000 – £60000/annum Negotiable