Quality Control Manager
Website Gables Search Group
Gables Search Group
Company : Gables Search Group
Country: United States
Location : Los Banos, California
Post: Fri, 10 Sep 2021 04:02:26 GMT
Expires: Sun, 10 Oct 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job : Apply Online
—————————— Job Description ——————————
QUALITY CONTROL MANAGER (LOS BANOS, CA)
The Quality Control Manager in Los Banos, CA reports to the Quality Director. This position is a key member of the plant management staff and has accountability for plant performance along with the Plant and Maintenance Manager. It is expected that these three positions work closely together to support the vision of the company and actively manage the plant resulting in a high level of achievement in Safety, Sanitation, Quality and Efficiency.
The Quality Control Manager effectively leads the Quality Supervisor and technicians and maintains a dotted line to the Production Supervisor and production employees along with the Plant and Maintenance Managers. The Quality Control Manager is ultimately responsible for the Quality and Safety of all products produced in this plant. The Quality Control Manager is required to oversee that the Monthly Sanitation, GMP, and Security Audits are conducted by the Plant Manager and his designated staff members. The Quality Control Manager also participates in evaluating Quality Technicians and potential Production workers.
The Quality Control Manger also oversees the microbiological program, maintenance of laboratory equipment, ordering of supplies, provides disposition for non-conforming materials, and makes sure that all studies, data entry, COA preparation, and internal/external customer reports are maintained accurately and in a timely manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* The Quality Control Manager is the designated plant champion to instill training and expectations to all employees that promote the production of safe, quality products in a sanitary environment.
* Leads the Food Safety Team for the facility and annual review of food safety plans.
* With guidance from Purchasing and Corporate Quality the Quality Control Manager modifies formulations as needed to optimize cost savings, adherence to customer specifications as well as adherence to CFD Guidelines.
* Maintains programs, policies and procedures that ensure complete compliance with federal, state, and local government agencies as well as company and customer requirements.
* Ensures all daily, weekly, monthly audits are performed and that corrective actions are in place when significant or persistent issues arise.
* Responsible for the supervisionand development of the Quality Supervisor, Quality Technicians and with dotted lines to the Production Supervisor and all Production personnel.
* Shares an active role in the development and performance of Production Supervisor and other personnel.
* Generates daily production folders and allocation of major ingredients based on input from the Master Production Planner.
* Attends scheduling, and other production meetings as needed.
* Works with the Plant Manager, Purchasing, and Corporate Quality to ensure all raw materials are available and their use is effectively communicated to the Quality Technicians and Production Supervisor.
* Has the authority and responsibility for final disposition of all products produced in their facility as agreed upon with the Director of Quality.
* Assists operations with rework and audits the final disposition of scrap material.
* Responsible for partnering with R&D, to effectively commercialize new products in their facility. The Quality Control Manager is expected to lead commercialization projects with the support of Purchasing, Corporate Quality, Production and Maintenance to ensure customer requirements are met for new products.
* Responsible for the investigation and communication of all Customer complaints for the facility. The Quality Control Manager handles all complaints responses and corrective actions in a timely and effective manner and
* Responsible for the Positive Release Program. The Quality Control Manager reviews completed production paperwork for both accuracy and completeness (i.e., food safety inspections documented at required frequency, product sampled at required frequency, adherence to specification, correct lot numbers recorded on raw ingredients), overall documentation accuracy and strict adherence to FSMA requirements prior to the release of finished products.
* Ensures that laboratory testing is precise and accurate individually and between quality personnel.
* It is the responsibility of the Quality Control Manager to ensure that all laboratory equipment and supplies are maintained as needed.
* Must be knowledgeable of all company procedures, and programs. Shall maintain, review, audit, and update these on a continuous basis as well as provide training to all employees as needed.
* Oversees Plant Training Program for Food Safety and Food Quality as specified by the Director of Quality.
* Actively engages and supports new business opportunities.
* Bachelor of Science degree or minimum 4 years experience in food manufacturing
* Minimum of 4 years Quality leadership experience preferred
* Previous food safety and quality management responsibility
* R&D commercialization and tomato processing experience preferred
* Strong reasoning, perception, and decision-making skills
* Ability to work with all levels within the organization
* Strong work ethic
* Professional communication skills
* Demonstrated coaching and team building skills
* Experience working directly with sales and customers
* Strong attention to detail
* Active listening and problem-solving skills
* Demonstrated mathematical and reasoning skills
* Proficient with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and associated computer skills
* Internal auditor training
* Product development/commercialization in a tomato processing facility with a similar type process
* Thermal process design
* Food Microbiology
* Mass balance equations related to balancing concentrations to achieve a final product
* Sensory evaluation
To apply for this job please visit www.resume-library.com.