Supplier Quality Engineer
Company : Lectra
Country: United States
Location : Tolland, Connecticut
Post: Fri, 30 Sep 2022 17:51:58 GMT
Expires: Fri, 28 Oct 2022 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job : Apply Online
—————————— Job Description ——————————
Lectra develops premium solutions that give fashion, automotive and furniture companies the means to embark on Industry 4.0 with confidence. We empower brands, manufacturers and retailers, providing them with the market respect and peace of mind they deserve. Lectra offers Collection Design, Manufacturing and Management solutions (CAD, CAM, PLM, PIM, DAM), Cutting Room solutions and Competitive Intelligence solutions. Founded in 1973, today Lectra has more than 30 subsidiaries across the globe, serving customers in over 100 countries. With 1,750 employees, Lectra reported revenues of €240 million in 2020. Lectra is listed on Euronext (LSS).+
In June 2021, Lectra acquired Gerber Technology, a USA-based company founded in 1968. Like Lectra, Gerber Technology develops software and automation solutions for fashion, automotive, furniture and other businesses across the globe.
By uniting, Lectra and Gerber Technology will become the ultimate Industry 4.0 partner for their customers. For more information, please visit .
Lectra has a great opportunity for a Supplier Quality Engineer based in Tolland CT to focus on designing, improving, and executing key quality-related processes in support of Lectra Global Operations and its supply chain. We are looking for an experienced supplier quality engineer with manufacturing experience to join our Quality organization. A strong candidate will apply the appropriate world-class quality tools and techniques to low-volume suppliers to ensure predictable high quality products are presented to our manufacturing facilities on-time and at target cost. This position is the primary point of contact for Lectra suppliers in the Americas region that ship to all Lectra manufacturing locations, including Tolland (Connecticut), Cestas (Bordeaux, France), and Shanghai (China), as well as global warehouse locations, though 90% of the support is for products manufactured in Tolland.
Perform technical and statistical investigations and analysis on supplier-related quality issues using DMAIC problem solving method
· Develop effective countermeasures for all supplier related quality issues
· Lead component part design review meetings with suppliers
· Assist the Procurement team in coordinating all sourcing activities
· Provides technical support for purchasing and production personnel
· Help develop and validate mistake-proofing improvements to manufacturing conditions, processes, equipment, jigs, and production line flow at suppliers
· Analyze processes to reduce defects (process mapping)
· Perform Supplier Quality Systems Surveys and supplier process reviews
· Support Supplier Quality System by evaluating Supplier performance
· Support Design with value engineering ideas for purchased components & materials
· Prepare and audits procedures and records for inspection and testing of purchased products
· Make recommendations to design department regarding possible improvements to component parts that would reduce total cost, increase productivity, and improve process capability
· Perform other duties as assigned, particularly in support of Tolland Manufacturing
Positive attitude and ability to adapt to a changing production environment
· Minimum – Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or a related discipline
· Minimum of 7 years of related manufacturing experience, including 3+ years of experience in Supplier Quality Engineering
· Strong knowledge, skills, and abilities in the following areas:
o Technical knowledge in statistics and/or QC tools inspection methods
o Understands GD&T and capable of reading engineering prints
o Analytical and problem solving skills (Six Sigma Green Belt preferred)
o Organizational and planning skills, especially in driving assignments to closure
o Computer skills in standard business software including MS Office, Minitab a plus
o Written and verbal communications and presentation skills
o Interpersonal skills — confident interaction with individuals at all levels
o Familiarity with ISO certification requirements and procedure development
o Past work experience with sheet metal, PCBA’s, cabling and compliance certification a plus
Lectra is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Lectra is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
To apply for this job please visit www.resume-library.com.